Sunday, January 22, 2012

.::. The Birthday Retreat .::.

He said he was bringing me dating and that I'm supposed to bring extra clothes because I'm going to get 'sweaty and wet'.  We ended up here after lunch at Vivocity.

It's our 3rd time here, and I guess both of us love this place quite abit.  We always enjoyed our stays here, no queues, no delays.



The bed was HUGE.



The husband on the rocking chair.



My favorite part of the room - the bathtub!  Every of their rooms have a huge bathtub, and the suite has TWO big bathtubs.



Big, spacious toilet.  I still can't get past the tiny toilet in Studio M.



Nespresso machine, tea, water and some complimentary drinks in the fridge.



The sink area.



It's been some time since I'm excited enough to take pictures of where I stay.



The view from our balcony.



The rows of shophouses.



I was very touched, because he thought of everything.  He actually brought my makeup pouch and moisturizers and sleeping clothes from his place.  And he bought bubble bath - the most important thing!



And when I happily preparing my hot water bubble bath, I took up the towel and saw my card hidden.  Just like how he hid my card in MBS.  He can be surprisingly detailed.



And I love the toiletries.  They provide pretty much everything.



*weeee~

I was so disappointed that Studio M didn't have a bathtub, and that I didn't have bubble bath at MBS despite the huge bathtub.  Alas, I'm satisfied.



Us preparing to go out for dinner.  It was supposed to be another surprise.



He kept asking me to dress up, but I realized that I honestly do not have much dressy clothes!  



We walked for 10 minutes to reach Senso, on Club Street.  It looks promising with a really big hotel-like reception.  It looked expensive.



We ordered our food and had the bread basket served.  I personally do not quite fancy Italian bread, I prefer french bread anytime.  It has a more 'springy' feel.



The interior of the restaurant.



The husband.




Starter?  Crab claw with red pepper sauce.



My favorite part of Italian food - Parma ham!  Parma ham with Morzerella cheese.  It was so good!


His shell-fish soup.  It was too heavy and thick to our liking but very flavorful and and fresh.

 

My lobster tailgate pasta.  It was home-made and very fresh.  It wasn't that fantastic, but it's something so fresh that you can go on eating and eating.


His lagsane.  This tiny unassuming piece was really filling, a tad too heavy to my liking but very special.  It had lobsters in it and very fresh and flavorful too.


Us.


The beautiful courtyard!  A good place for Solemnization!


So European.


At the entrance.

Service was great.  Food was great too, especially if you like very fresh and flavorful food.  He said that it's award-winning and always full-house on most days.  It's not too pricey too.  *yums!




No comments:

Post a Comment