Sunday, January 22, 2012

.::. Chinatown @ CNY .::.

After dinner, we walked to Chinatown.

It's an annual affair to visit Chinatown during the Chinese New Year.  I do not buy much things, yet I like  walking through the streets and take in the atmosphere.  I love those traditional stuff, but it seems like more people are selling fashion, and too many Taiwanese foodstuff and mocha stores!  There's even a Taiwanese bridal store selling packages there.  =_=""



Waxed meat.  I love my fried rice with lup cheong!  I will buy some for my own house next year!



Pomelo.  Lots of them.



Flowers and lanterns.  I like this Chinese New Year stick-like flowers!  My grandmother used to have that every year and hopefully I will get them for my own place next year.



And this uncle is singing very happily on the streets.



He was super energetic!

And I love my new lens, else it'll not be possible to take such pictures with my old kit lens.



Hello 2012.



Streets of Chinatown



Rehearsals for the CNY eve show.



This is so old-school and a dying trade!



Really pretty.



And the traditional biscuits.  I didn't get it this year, since there's so little variety left and none that I like.



The familiar streets of Chinatown during Chinese New Year.



Will you bring you little children to Chinatown?  I don't quite understand parents who bring very tired kids to Chinatown or even try to squeeze prams on the crowded streets.  It's difficult to even walk in the crowd, much less push a pram!



Pretty flowers.

That concludes our Chinatown trip and post-dinner activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment