Wednesday, January 25, 2012

.::. Happy Birthday .::.

The girls were the first to celebrate my birthday for me a week before, with a little cake during dim sum brunch.  I miss having all the girls together, it simply feels different with someone missing.

The husband celebrated my birthday with me on Saturday night, 2 days before the actual day.



He has already bought the cake and kept them in the hotel fridge.  To my delight, there's 4 different mini cakes!  All of them looks yum yum,



Needless to say, I'm a happy girl.



Make a wish.



Blow-out the candles and I can tuck in soon!



I kept looking on the cake on the extreme right that looks like a Mont Blanc cake made of Chestnuts which I dislike.  I kept telling him that I don't like that but he kept asking me to try it.  Surprisingly, it was an earl grey cake with a banana center!  It was very unique and went well, but I found it too sweet.

My favorite is probably the mango tart on the extreme right.  I like the danish pastry below and light custard cream inside.  Perhaps the earl grey cake was too sweet, but I found the chocolate cake and strawberry shortcake 'not-sweet'.  The strawberry shortcake was very light and fresh, but with very little cream though.  The chocolate cake was thick and rich but I found it a tad dry.  But all the cakes were still pretty good though!



I liked the mango tart.



Then I celebrated my birthday on the actual day with my sisters and extended family.  It was the loudest 'Happy Birthday' song ever.  We almost couldn't get a cake!  Most of the shops were closed when I tried to buy a cake on CNY eve.  Luckily, the husband got us a cake from Royals at Siglap.



Making a wish with my little sister.



It's good to have my little sister celebrating our birthdays together.



*blows.



A family portrait.

Another family portrait.

I don't like it when my birthday falls on the first day of Chinese New Year.  There's the visiting to do, and having to celebrate it on the same day simply seem way too rushed.

Somehow, this year, CNY and birthday didn't feel very exciting at all.  In fact, I was in bed the whole of second day and today, down with throat infection.  *bleah.

It's gonna be a very busy, exciting and fulfilling year ahead though.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment