Monday, January 30, 2012

.::. River Angbao .::.

The husband suggested to drop by River Angbao on the floating platform on CNY eve, after the reunion dinner.  It's been eons since he suggested something like that!  And I'm excited, because it's something which we used to do.  I remembered that he was angry with me the last River Angbao because I kept nagging him to bring me while he was reluctant.  It was me who was lazy this year, and thought that I could simply go home to sleep!



Dragon Rickshaw.



The entrance.  It was crowded, as usual.



The performance stage with MBS as a backdrop.



There seemed to be a lot more food stalls this year.  There's also a fun fair with children games and cotton candy.



I'm an Oxen!



The lanterns were pretty!  I wonder if they'll reuse them for lantern festival in Chinese Garden?



Hello Dragon.



I remembered that there was a God of Fortune spitting out small pieces of papers with numbers for you to buy 4D the last time.  But this seem to be the 'God of Fortune' this year.



And we tried rather unsuccessfully to take a picture with them in the background.



The husband took this picture and insisted that it was perfect since there's the 'God of Fortune', a piggy and the MBS as a backdrop.



Us.



It was still pretty early and we went to sit down to wait for the fireworks at 1230am.

But to our dismay, it started drizzling at 11pm.  By 1130pm it was a full-blown downpour.  We shared a tiny umbrella and went for shelter like everyone else.  We were contemplating to miss the fireworks and go home instead.  It was so windy and raining so heavily!

Who knows, we started hearing loud noises and realized that they started the fireworks early!  And so everyone jostled out of the shelter to catch the fireworks.



I was really surprised, because it was raining so heavily!  I always thought that you can't have fireworks if it's raining?



The atmosphere was great because everyone was rushing out to catch a glimpse of the fireworks despite the heavy rain.  There are families with kids, couples and old people, all excited about the fireworks and exclaiming in awe.  I was savoring the moment, looking at the fireworks and snuggling closer to the husband under the tiny umbrella.  All the while feeling amazed and blessed.



The wind was pretty strong and blew the formations away quickly, very fast paced fireworks!



Look at the very wet floor and people with their umbrellas.

And when it all ended, people cheered.  What a great start to the dragon year, he sure has made it known that he's a water dragon.

A lot of tourists were all soaked.  It was really a heavy downpour and we were both pretty much drenched and cold.

And probably because of the rain and late nights, plus the prawn rolls and BBQ food I had on CNY Day 1, I was totally down on CNY Day 2 and spent the day sleeping till dinner-time.  My throat hurt, and my whole body was aching so bad, it was impossible to get out of bed.  By day 3, I was still aching and had to visit the doctor.  Till date, I'm still not fully well.  Horrible virus.

That about sums up my boring Chinese New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment