Sunday, February 12, 2012

.::. Training .::.

We went for the hardest 11km trail at Mac Ritchie to break into our shoes and to train in preparation for the hike.

Although some most books and forums are saying that anyone can do the Gokyo Trek, the husband kept telling me how difficult it is.  It got me a little worried and I started training a lot harder these 3 weeks.



Pretty greenery.  The trail started easy like this, totally walkable.  But as we went deeper, it became steeper and more uneven.  Some stretches were more tiring and slowed us down quite abit.



My partner in life.  =)



We started at about 530pm and finished at about 730pm.  We did 11km in 2 hours, and it was pretty fast considering that the uneven uphill stretches slowed me down quite abit and I was quite tired at towards the end.

There were so many people jogging along the track!  I'm totally amazed by how fit these people are to jog 11km of this trail.  I reckon I should train more and get more fit.



By the time we finished, the sun was setting.  We made it out of the forest just before it turned dark.



Had Indian food opposite Mustafa on Friday, the same restaurant we went with the girls quite some time back.  *yums.  We wanted to get sleeping bags from Mustafa, but it was of too lousy quality, so we didn't get them instead.

We wanted to visit Adventure 21 at Chinatown point after the trek since we heard that it's a good place for trekking equipment.  We made it there at about 845pm, before the 9pm closing time, but the whole complex is closed!!

By then, I was famished and very tired.  We have been on our feet for 4 hours without any rest!  We finally had dinner at the hawker before coming back.

Amazingly, I have no muscle aches today!  We went walking for an hour and a half tonight after dinner too.  I guess whatever training we do now would make it easier for us there.



Borrowed my Dad's Oakley's for the trek since I didn't want to spend money on shades.  I don't look good in the at all.  Shades always seem to look good in pictures but I hate wearing them.  I dislike looking at things through tinted lens and would always prefer to take in the natural colors of beautiful scenery.  But it's essential when those snow-capped mountains reflect light and strong winds.
I'm still thinking if I should get a wide-angled lens for the trip.  The husband wanted to get it for my birthday but I told him that I didn't want it and would prefer to save the money for the house.  Now, I'm having second thoughts and feeling very tempted.  =(

5 more days to the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment