Sunday, March 18, 2012

.::. Last week in pictures .::.

Last week was a full week of regional meeting yet again.  Did 6 months just pass me by?  I can't believe it's almost a year on the job.

To our dismay, this regional meeting was in Singapore.  Again. They used to have it in Ireland, Paris, London, Macau.  But the last 2 since I joined was in Singapore.  *cries.

Regional meeting week is always very tiring.  The day starts at 8am and ends at 11pm, with full day meeting till about 4pm, some activities, then dinner.  I usually drop dead once I'm home and crawl out of bed the next day.  It doesn't help that we drink every night - Champagne, white wine, red wine.

IMG_3105
















This time, it was at Shangri-La Rasa Sentosa.  It's pretty, but I still prefer Four Seasons!  Four Seasons have free flow of TWG tea and Nespresso coffee, with more comfortable beds.  Rasa Sentosa had pretty good service and food too, but somehow, it just failed to impress.  The only nice thing was the view.

For team building activities, we had a bowling game of 2 hours (damn tiring) and a cable car ride and some games organized by those team-building companies.

IMG_3107

This is the view from the cable car.  Nothing fantastic.

The first night's dinner was at Flutes at the Fort which had pretty good reviews.  Many people recommended it for celebrations and said that it was a romantic place.  It's a French Restaurant by the way.

IMG_3089


The table setting.  We ordered a set menu which was already pre-chosen.  The only choice we had was the main course and dessert.


IMG_3091

The starter was tiger prawns with avocado and mango.  Mediocre.  The beans soup we had next was also forgettable.

IMG_3094

Then came the main course, I had high hopes.  But sadly, it was tasteless and simply isn't a good steak.  The roast beef at Rasa's and Melt's buffet was better than this.



IMG_3095

The only redemption was the earl grey creme brûlée with sesame ice-cream.  I liked it.  It wasn't fantastic but it's the kind of dessert which you can keep eating and didn't feel like stopping.

The food at Flutes on the Fort is disappointing.  Luckily I'm not paying a cent for the meal, else I would have been sorely disappointed.  The nice colonial building surrounded by trees couldn't make up for the food and price at all.

The next day was free-and-easy dinner, we chose Melt at Mandarin Oriental because I wanted to try it!

It lived up to the reviews.  Delicious!  And the service was great.

IMG_3101

My favorite dessert was the waffle.  It was delicious.  The home-made ice-cream was also good.  I had 2 of these even though I was stuffed.

IMG_3100

There was also boston lobsters served.  It was good, though not as good as the one I had at Rockpot.  The best lobster I've had in Singapore so far.

IMG_3099

And there's the usual sashimi which was very fresh.  I love parma ham and this one was darn good!  It was sliced very thin with the machine on the spot.  The best parma ham I've had so far.  Better than Bonta and La Catina.

We had Thai food at Sabai Thai, Custom's house on the third day.  I forgot to take any pictures, but the atmosphere and food was really good!  Everything was great.  We were laughing so much that day.  People really do open up after some drinks.

IMG_3125

And there's the drinks.  We had the best drinks the last night because the regional CFO was supposed to join us.  He didn't make it, but we enjoyed the great drinks nevertheless.

We had Dom Perignon 2002 and 2003, Krug Grand Cuvee and 1998 Vintage, Cliquot, Moet, Cape Mentell, Cloudy Bay, Cheval des Andes and Henessey Prive!  I still love Krug, though Dom Perignon is great too.  I'm working with people who really loves and knows wines.  I'm amazed by how much I can drink without being near drunk at all. And the more you drink, the more you learn how to appreciate and enjoy it.  I'm totally spoilt.

IMG_3124

Last night's dinner was at Rochester's Min Jiang which was really good too!

By the end of 4 days, I was dead tired, just like the last time.  They're saying that the next regional meeting in October will not be in Singapore anymore.  I sure hope so!  I don't really mind anywhere, except for maybe KL.

It's been 2 tiring weeks since I'm back from Nepal.  First week was spent nursing my bad throat infection and rushing through work.  Last week was absolutely draining.

It's another week tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment