Friday, May 4, 2012

.::. Museum Date .::.

Last weekend, the husband insisted that we do not go furniture hunting but go on a date with him instead. I have been wanting to visit a few shops on Playfair Road on Saturday!  I was telling him that going out with him was a date already, and he retorted that in that case, we will stay at home everyday in future. Because we were at home together and I said it is already a date.  =_="

So, on a date we went.  He planned the day, and he brought me to the Arts and Science museum!  I have been wanting to visit the Titanic Exhibition for the longest time, but never seemed to get around to doing it.  I realized that it was the last 2nd day of the exhibition.  No wonder the husband insisted that we go this weekend.

IMG_6286

The museum was extremely crowded when we arrived.  We queued for almost an hour before we managed to get our tickets, only to be informed that the queue to enter the museum is another hour!

IMG_6302

Queuing outside the entrance.

Titanic is definitely my all-time favorite movie.  I seldom watch movies twice, but I have watched Titanic at least thrice.  Every single time I cry, especially during that part when they were playing the violin while there was chaos.  There are so many scenes still etched in my mind!

IMG_6298

The inside of the museum.  The architecture is supposed to be pretty impressive.  Do you spot the tiny rainbow?  Rainbows make me excited, because I seldom see them.  I've seen them for like less than 10 times in my lifetime.

IMG_6304

I was happy.  =)  We weren't allowed to take any pictures in the exhibition, but it was good.  The best exhibition I've been to in Singapore so far.  There were real corridors which were similar to the actual Titanic, from the top suites to the 3rd class.  They also build decks and made it felt like you are standing on the deck looking into the night sky with sparkling stars.  There's also the iconic staircase and items found from the ship.  We were also given a 'boarding pass' and persona with name and background of the passenger.  Within the exhibition, you could check if you survived or died in the crash.  It was a very well planned exhibition, yet very informative too.

IMG_6305

And then, we went to Andy Warhol's exhibition too, because the top-up was only $4 to see this when you get the Titanic tickets.  I didn't know that his famous Marilyn Monroe painting came in different colors since the most seen one is always that greenish one.  He has a strange notion of art, of trying to make art replicable instead of exclusive.  It was pretty interesting, but he's one disturbed man.

IMG_6311

By the time we were done, the sun was almost setting.  Really pretty sight.

IMG_6314

Here's us.  We take a lot less couple pictures as time goes by.

IMG_6322

And here's us with part of the museum structure and Marina Bay Sands.  I love my wide-angle lens but it distorts people - my face is definitely not this wide!

IMG_6321

One of my favorite areas in Singapore.  It's amazing how this area has evolved over the past few years.

IMG_6327

I like Marina Bay Sands.  It doesn't feel like Singapore.  Staying there for a night and simply hiding in that area feels great.  Sadly, our stay there was pretty horrible as we waited till almost 7pm for our room when check-in time was 3pm.

And then, he brought me to Holland Village.  He planned the day.  In the end, it was a homeware shop that he brought me too.  It's called Lemon Zest and sells many colorful utensils and bakeware.  I like!  I will probably go back again after we get our flat renovated.  There's also a cooking school and ice-cream shop along that stretch.


43 Jalan Merah Saga, Chip Bee Gardens #01-80,
Holland Village, Singapore 278115
Telephone : +65 6471 0566sginfo@lemonzestlife.com

IMG_6332

Then we had dinner at Pizza Bar under Da Paolo Group along that same stretch.  Da Paolo has many different restaurants along that stretch and reviews are pretty good.

IMG_6335

The crowd is well, a lot of ang mohs.

IMG_6339

Parma ham, my favorite.

IMG_6340

Humpty Dumpty salad.

IMG_6343

Our fungi pizza.  I still prefer the one we had at Nepal which was more crispy and less wet.

Overall the food didn't impress me much.  It's fresh, above average, but simply lacked the oomph factor.  The pizzas are pretty good, the parma ham very mediocre and the salad abit bland.

I've read some complaints about their service, but I found it alright.  Not overly friendly nor attentive, but efficient and polite.  Prices are also reasonable as our total bill came to about $60 for the 3 dishes.  I may want to try the other restaurants under the group though.

Da Paolo Group 
44 Jalan Merah Saga 
#02-46 Chip Bee Gardens 
Singapore 278116 


We ended the night with an ice-cream and sat outside the benches along the road.  It felt like those good old days again.

I'm blessed to have found my soulmate.  Come what may, we still have each other.  Count the little blessings.  =)


No comments:

Post a Comment