Saturday, June 23, 2012

.::. Shopping for the home .::.

We dropped by Furniture Mall, hoping to find THE bed there.  I'm disturbed that we have not been able to find any single bed that we liked.

I fell in love with these at the first shop we walked into.  Super cute! I'm so going to get one of these for my tissues.

IMG_4082

Second thing I fell in love was this.  It was love at first sight.  Everything was right, from the dimension, the colors, the legs (especially!), the comfort and the style.  It totally goes with my theme!  Moreover, it was only $990!  Bought.

IMG_4084

The third thing I fell in love with was this bench!  I've been searching high and low for a bench with legs like that to match my dining table.  I almost took the plunge to custom-make one from Lorgans, but this is less than half the price! *happy*

IMG_4085

With this, we've bought the majority of the furniture for the living/dining. *yay!  I'm really happy about it because I spent lesser than I expected to achieve the look and I love every single piece very much.  I think my style can't go wrong now that I've got these furniture, together with my brick walls and wooden flooring.

And just a recap, this is the dining table and sideboard I bought.





*jumps around happily*


Source: samsung.com via Jan on Pinterest


We also bought a Samsung LED-Smart-3D 6600 television at Courts today.  It was $500 off the model we've been eyeing and the husband spent 45 minutes talking to the salesman about TV while I checked out every single thing in Courts.  =_="


Source: lg.com via Jan on Pinterest


The fridge.  I was convinced, because it uses as much energy as the other smaller Mitsubishi model I shortlisted.


Source: samsung.com via Jan on Pinterest


The washer-dryer. I don't like to hang clothes out to dry, loves dryers.

We also got a Mitsubishi Inverter System 4 air-con, and a hotel-collection Sealy bed (because I fell in love with Four Seasons hotels' beds).

That's about all we bought and almost all we need.

We've shortlisted the 'Smile' coffee table, bedside tables and a sideboard as TV console from Lorgans.  I also like one of the lounge chairs, but I'm not sure how it can fit space-wise.  We haven't bought any study-table nor anything for the guest room yet but that can wait.  I may get an Ikea work table - cheap and looks great.  I'm also all ready to start shopping for those little home and decor items which makes a home, a home.

They say that your home is an extension of your personality.  I can't agree more, for I've made friends with strangers who has the same taste as I do.  These people would have some similar personality traits and it's easy to 'click'.  And those people who have homes which I do not like (or thinks I've horrible taste) probably wouldn't click well with me. =/


No comments:

Post a Comment