Wednesday, June 27, 2012

.::. Time Out .::.

These weeks have been so hectic.  There's so much to think about, so much to decide on, so much to choose and research about.

I'm really a hands-on person, and I don't really trust anyone with my home.  It's not like my contractor does not help to coordinate everything.  In fact, he wadsapp me pictures of the progress every single day and checks-in with me (us) everyday.  But I'm just the kind who would ask him 'so, what's next?' when he tells me something is done.

Moreover, I would like to have a say in everything.  Every single thing.  I've no clue how people could pay IDs to do everything and trust them to do it exactly the way they want it.  Between me and the husband, we have different views about what we think is the 'best' or 'norm' and everything is designed for the ease of use.  Even things like position of the clothes rack in the toilet resulted in a good discussion.

This week is especially horrible, as we've been rushing to the house to see the hacked wall, to Balestier to choose lights for a good 2 hours and Jalan Besar to choose sanitary wares only to realize that it was closed!

I suppose that we are enjoying this process and both of us have been putting effort into every single detail together.  =)  I'm really grateful for this every single day.  I've heard horror stories about how couples argue over renovations and wedding preparations, but so far, there hasn't been much disputes between us.  The only obstacles we face isn't between ourselves, but the external pressures from people who think they know what's the best for us - this is really draining and I really don't get why-oh-why can't we be left alone to decide on things by ourselves, as adults.  I'm hoping everything continues to go smoothly.  *cross fingers*

There were some rare chances when we took a breather from renovations.

IMG_4099

At PS Cafe last week, after trying on Vera Wang's gown at The Link.

I've got to say that the service sucks big time.  It was already bad on the phone, but the appointment turned out bad too.  No service to speak of and they didn't even serve us drinks!  Even lights shop at Balestier served us water!  I'll save that rant into another post.

IMG_4097

Here's the happy husband.  We were with Chye and JH, but didn't take pictures of them though.  I love lazy afternoons like this.  They dropped by our place to see the renovation progress after.

IMG_4123

Dinner after buying lights at Balestier.  Founder Bak Kut Teh.  Both of us were so tired and hungry as we chose lights till almost 9pm.

IMG_4173

And I rushed down to Jalan Besah after work today, hoping to check out sanitary wares.  The direct bus from office stops at Serangoon Road and I had to walk.  As a matter of fact, Little India smells.  I do like dropping by for some good Indian food and visiting Mustafa, but it really was especially bad today, perhaps due to the scorching weather these days.

IMG_4174

Walked past this bar/restaurant place that I would like to try someday.

At first I wanted to go to 159 Jalan Bersah Road, but realized that the outlet was no longer there.  Had to walk all the way to 389, to realize that it was closed at 6pm!!!  It was so hot, and I feel like it takes so much effort to reach Balestier and Jalan Bersah

IMG_4175

Luckily, I spotted this crowded dim sum restaurant along the way and we walked back for dinner.  Queues on a Wednesday night!

IMG_4176

Yummy.  The dim sum was generally nice.

IMG_4187

The happy husband.

I'm looking forward to Jason Marz's concert on Friday!  I'm yours.....dum dum dum dum..

No comments:

Post a Comment