Friday, June 1, 2012

.::. Pre-Renovation .::.

We've got our hdb permit yesterday, just 2 days after K (our contractor) submitted our application! *weee. I'm really happy about it. I love it that K's quick and efficient, since i work fast too and working with someone who drags my stuff would drive me crazy.

K has happily informed us that he'll start work and start hacking the walls on Monday. Electrical works will follow. The utilities people have activated our electricity and water today. I'm really impressed by the convenience of activating water and power! When we got our keys, hdb told us that we had to go back to hdb to activate our utilities. but since i'm lazy, i tried to google it and realized that i only need to call. It was a 5-minute call, give details, address, set appointment, then it's done. You just need to be there for an hour slot to test and they'll send you the utility bill, including deposit needed. Fuss free!

Since both of us may not be able to visit the site often, and i'm a worry wart, I drew our electrical drawing for K. It's not tt i don't trust him, just that sometimes really will forget or miss out. It's also an easier way to communicate our wants. Since the picture is color coded and complete with chinese words, i'm sure the electrician can follow. i did it and the husband vetted it. we changed it quite a few times till we were sure that we did not miss out anything. 


noname-1

And when I'm happily proud of what I've done, I met up with one of K's ex-customer and realized that the electrician is not Chinese! I totally didn't thought of that.  Looks like my drawing is not as useful as I thought! *sigh!


noname-2


This is the drawing I did for the hacking, just in case K does not remember or the workers did not understand.  I'm just being paranoid and cautious!

K's laughing at me whenever he sees my drawings and kept assuring me that nothing will go wrong.  I told him that I'll kill him if he hacks the wrong wall.  He's super efficient, and has already got my tiles.  I suppose that we can finish hacking and electrical in Week 1, and at this rate, tiling will probably be done by Week 2.  *yay

I'm pretty reassured after hearing his ex-customer share her experience with K. He's really quite funny yet efficient and honest.

I'm so relieved and thankful that we can start work soon.  Really.  Can't wait to our dream home materialize.  =)



No comments:

Post a Comment