Saturday, June 2, 2012

.::. Shopping Spree .::.

Just a short one before I concuss.  I'm sleeping later and later these days, it's like I'm surviving on adrenaline rush.  I'll probably stay this way till we move into our new place.

I went to Bugis to baibai for our renovation before meeting Chye to get my cheongsum done.  Got a good lot, and hopefully everything will go smoothly from now onwards.

I've been cracking my head to choose all sort of things these days.  There are so many things to know and to choose!  Even making my cheongsum had so many possibilities, designs, cuts and colors.  Luckily Chye was with me, which makes it a little easier since I trust her taste.  I'm not very confident about carrying a cheongsum off, but I like the idea of having something traditional during the wedding.  After all, weddings are traditional and it's probably the only time that I'll consider wearing one.  Hopefully it'll turn our pretty.  Since I wanted the 20% early bird discount, my dress will only be ready in Dec/Jan, not in time for our pre-wedding shoot.

Then, I went shopping at Robinsons after Chye went for her dinner date.  Robinsons is having some ridiculous sales with discounts on top of discounts plus vouchers and rebates given.  I spent quite a few hours in there and bought quite a few things for the house!  I got us bedsheets which were on 40% + 15% sale, the Kenwood water boiler which I really like, some colorful mixer bowls and strainer, cutlery which was 6 for $10 (cheap!), 2 beautiful (expensive) towels, a small chef pan, a cooking wok and some little stuff.  It's a struggle telling myself to buy only things that I really like and not spend too much unnecessarily. It cost me almost $600 after the discounts, but it was pretty worth it!  The extra discounts are only till this weekend.  Luckily they provided free delivery, otherwise it'll be impossible for me to carry all those back.

The husband is still happily in China, sightseeing during the weekend and drinking every single night!  He doesn't sound very sober and laughed at my auntiness.  I'm helping to save money okay!

There's still seemingly 101 things to buy.  Lights, air-con, hood/hob, TV, bed frame, console...and the list goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment