Tuesday, June 5, 2012

.::. Renovation Starts! .::.

Today was our first day of renovation, and we've got so much done. I received pictures from K once I arrived at work. He told me that he will start at 10, but was already moving the materials up to our place by 930am.

Pre-renovation week
- Apply for HDB permit to hack walls
- Got the permit in 2 days
- Confirmed tiles
- Activated utilities

Day 1
- All sand and tiles are already delivered.
- All hacking done with debris cleared.
- Toilet plastic partition removed
- Toilet door removed.
- Prep for brick wall done.

:good: for K's efficiency.
I dropped by during lunch, and they have already finished hacking the wall, and was about the start clearing the debris and dismantle my toilet partition and doors.

When I dropped by in the evening, all debris were cleared and my wall was prep-ed for my bricks!




IMG_3794

The sand and cement.

IMG_3799

My tiles!  I seem to like it more and more.

IMG_3810

Hacked wall in MBR.

IMG_3806

Hacked wall in kitchen/living room.

IMG_3804

Wall all prep-ed for my brick wall!

IMG_3808

Ugly toilet partition removed.

K brought a malay couple over to look at our tiles when I was there during lunch, and they gave me this amazing idea to knock down another wall at the kitchen yard to further 'open up' the kitchen. I was instantaneously taken in by the idea, despite knowing that it would cost quite abit more to hack both walls, add a window, overlay the service yard and make good the wall. The husband came down to see after work and agreed. Greedy me added a cement screed wall in the kitchen to perfect things. :dribble: It's amazing that my mum and a random stranger has given the best space-planning advice for our renovation! IDs are not always worth the money. :unsure:

K will be helping us to submit another permit tomorrow and do another round of hacking thanks to my fickle-mindedness. :P

Everything seem to fall into place and I think I'm satisfied now. I always felt like something was missing, as we weren't doing anything to our service yard, and that area seemed to be isolated. With this additional works, I think I've pretty much achieved all that I wanted. :sport-smiley-004: :dancingqueen:


White brick wall
Cement screed wall
Black chalk board wall (bomb shelter)
Wooden flooring (with tiles)
Pure white kitchen
Mosaic wall (x2!!)


i'm really thankful that things have been going smoothly after all the pre-reno issues. Choosing the right person to do up your place really makes a huge difference to your whole renovation experience. 

1 comment:

  1. Excellent and helpful post… I am so glad to left comment on this. This has been a so interesting ..I appreciate your effort..
    Eastern Suburbs Tiler

    ReplyDelete