Wednesday, June 6, 2012

.::. Renovation Day 2-3 .::.

Day 2

Not much works were done on Day 2.  They simply went to dismantle the showers and toilet bowls to prepare for overlaying.  K wadsapp-ed me pictures once it was done - real-time updates which I really appreciate.

IMG_3825

We didn't go down since nothing much was done.

Day 3

The electricians came in the afternoon and they started on the electrical works according to the drawing I provided.  I used a lot of Chinese, to ensure that my contractor understood.  Little did I anticipate that the electricians weren't Chinese.  =/

I went down after work to confirm the points.  We're asking for so many switches everywhere, 2-way switches for almost all the lights plus many additional points.

IMG_3834

The war zone. Some electrical points were up, but there's still a lot more to be done.

IMG_3838

All points for the MBR is up.

IMG_3841

To my horror, they wanted to put my light switches on the side of my brick wall.  I'm totally horrified. No way I am going to have a big hole with all the switches there!  The switches will be right beside my TV and very ugly.  They are going to move it to the side of the wall tomorrow.

IMG_3835

And this is the toilet wall which will be overlaid with my favorite mosaic tiles.

They'll be continuing with electrical works and also starting tiling works tomorrow.  I'm excited!

IMG_3812

I like this light.  No idea what is it called or where can I find it.

IMG_3816

I also like the exposed plywood.

IMG_3843

Oh, and this is the Fengshui layout for our estate!  We unknowingly got a unit with the 'best' fengshui!

http://www.geomancy.net/phpforum/article.php?bid=2&fid=43&mid=31109&s=4

IMG_3845

And because I'm abit concerned about our front door directly facing the service yard window, I'm reading up on it to minimize the impact.  I suppose that it's not as bad as our unit has a good fengshui position.  It's bad because the chi coming into the flat from the front door will go right out from the window without circulating into the house.

After some initial read-up, ways to improve things:
- Add plants at the window (no thorns!)
- Crystals help to slow down the chi and let it flow into the house
- Add a wall or partition (impossible!)
- Add blinds/curtains and do not open your windows often

However, most importantly, one must be comfortable.  I'm not comfortable with adding a partition or wall, as I like bright and spacious areas.  It can sometimes be symbolic, and I may just add a small crystal at the entrance (maybe at the light) or hang a plant from the ceiling in front of the window.

There's so much to read about.

- No mirrors facing the door.
- No pictures facing doors
- No mirrors facing beds
- No beds facing doors
- No beds facing windows
- Good to have a light at the entrance
- Good to have bright and spacious rooms with happy things in the house
- Good to have plants at the entrance

Gonna try to avoid the bad things and follow the good things if it's pretty and I feel comfortable about it.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment