Thursday, June 14, 2012

.::. Time .::.

I've been surviving on very little sleep these 2 months.  I sleep for about 5-6 hours on weekdays, and don't have much time to repay my sleep debt during the weekend because it's always a mad rush - going to meed IDs/contractors, visiting furniture shops and now checking on our renovation progress.

Weekday nights I'm doing research about all sort of things from deco ideas, to which contractor/IDs to use, to comparing market prices and reviews, to choosing tiles and which materials to be used.  Then, now that we have decided on renovation and deco, it's what brand/model of fridge, hob, hood, air-con, heater and fans to buy.  Even after deciding on the brand/model, I start looking for the exact place to buy it, comparing prices and checking reviews.  It's really no joke, and the learning curve is really steep.

Now, I can easily rattle off about pro/cons about using gas/induction hobs, different brands and models of hoods, different washers/dryers, storage/instant/gas heaters, where to find furniture and lights or air-con.  Basically, I'm immersed in everything renovation.

I really wished I had more time for everything.  I'm trying to read books about 'Fengshui' these days, and looking for nice deco items for our place.  We've got our air-con and arranged for the first delivery of piping.  We've also short-listed our hob/hood/ceiling fan/fridge/TV console/side tables/coffee table/bench/lights/bed.  We've placed deposit for our mattress/air-con/sofa/dining table/sideboard.

I vaguely remembered wanting to blog about the Nepal trip, but before I had the chance to do it, it's already *gasps* 3 months since I got back.  Has it really been 3 months ago?!

Where has all my time gone to?

No comments:

Post a Comment