Monday, June 18, 2012

.::. Renovation Day 8-12 .::.

K sent pictures of his people working on my brick wall.

IMG_3961

IMG_3960

The brick wall is completed!

As I went to collect my lights, I dropped it at our place in the evening.

IMG_3963

The track lights.

IMG_3966

The down lights.

IMG_3969

My brick wall is wrapped up in plastic to protect it from cement screeding.

IMG_3970

And this is the war zone.

There was inefficient sand for cement screeding and Day 10 was spent replenishing sand.

By Day 11, my cement screeding is all completed!

IMG_3979

Day 12 was curbs and false ceiling/L-box prep day.

It's been almost 2 weeks and our hacking permit for the walls between the kitchen and service yard is still not approved.  After hounding HDB for days days straight, we finally got a response - PE is needed.  Asking around, I realized that everyone needed to get a PE for those walls.  I don't quite understand why it took HDB 2 weeks to tell us that we need a PE!?  Our technical officer wasn't around for the whole week, and by the 3rd day, I was so annoyed that HDB is still asking me to leave my number and wait for my technical officer to call me.  Upon probing, they went to check and realized that he was on reservice.  It was only after I asked for the covering officer that they finally gave us a reply.  *sigh.  So inefficient!  I asked that HDB officer - if my technical officer is on reserve the whole month or 2 weeks, does that mean that I'll have to simply wait?!

That's HDB for you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment