Wednesday, July 11, 2012

.::. Fatigue and Frustrations .::.


I'm tired.

Have been having headaches and giddy spells these days.  =(

We're having issues with carpentry (as expected).  The uncle and MIL visited our place and took measurements last Monday.  I gave them all the designs which I've drawn to scale on graph paper, it's pretty straightforward.  We met up to discuss and choose laminates on Saturday, and only some drawings were done, my 3D kitchen does not resemble my kitchen at all.

Schedule is to finish carpentry by the end of this month (4 weeks for carpentry).  They were supposed to send us the finalized designs (in whatever formats) and get the carpenter in for measurements 'early this week'.

It's already Thursday, late in the week.

We have not received any drawings.  Husband sent an email out on Tuesday.  No reply.  MIL went to chase yesterday, and they promised drawings to be done today.  It's already midnight and I don't receive anything.

The week is ending and I don't see any drawings, no news about when the carpenter is coming and everything has to be done through MIL.  Another week is wasted, nothing done.  Why is is so difficult to get some simple drawings done when I've basically provided drawn-to-scale drawings?

It's a pain to work like this.  At this rate we are not going to get carpentry done by the end of the month.   4 weeks for carpentry is ample time, but at the rate they are dragging things, I've no clue how long this is going to take.  2 weeks have passed. Husband chases MIL and uncle, gets empty promises, and nothing get delivered.

Seriously?

It makes me f*cking pissed off.

It was her who insisted that we use the relative for the whole renovation, and after making a ruckus, we finally conceded to use him for the carpentry.  All the talk about how naive we were, how the contractors out there are out to earn my money but don't do a good job, how using 'your own people' is better, give her face etc...In the end, my contractor finished the majority of his works in 4 weeks, smoothly and without issues while my carpentry is still not moving after 2 weeks.

All I can say is, no more second time.  I can't take this shit, it's driving me nuts.

DO NOT USE YOUR RELATIVES FOR RENOVATION!  

I should have heeded all the advices others gave.  But we still gave in to appease the MIL.

I'm thankful that we insisted NOT to use the relative for all our works.  It makes our contractor seem like god - we didn't have to chase him at all, he arranged everything and updated us almost everyday.  Responsive, good attitude and all.  It made the whole renovation process so enjoyable and fuss-free.  You pay, decide and he delivers - isn't that how things are supposed to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment