Sunday, July 1, 2012

.::. Week 4 concluded .::.

We are coming to the end of our renovation journey as most works are done.  We are left with painting, shower screens and doors, carpentry, lights and plumbing.  Lights and plumbing can only come in after carpentry comes in, so I suppose things will come to a standstill for some time.  The husband will be meeting the relative to discuss carpentry works and take some measurements.  The actual carpenter will only come in to measure afterwards.  I don't understand why can't both be at the same time!  I'm really hoping that things will go smoothly and not take the whole month! *cross fingers* I really do not have high hopes since quotation wasn't even done properly after 5 weeks previously.  *big sigh!*

On a happier note, I'm really pleased with how everything has turned out!  It does look like how I envisioned it to be.  =)  A colleague's husband thought that I was an interior designer when she showed him the pictures.  *beams* Haha!

IMG_9742

It's a super hot day when I walked to our place today.

IMG_4225

Worksite.

IMG_9743

View from entrance.  It does look so much more spacious and brighter after 4 walls of the kitchen were hacked.

IMG_9746

Kitchen.

IMG_9748

Living room.  A feature wall will be built at the recess.

IMG_9749

View from the other end of the living room.

IMG_9754

MBR toilet with toilet curb up for shower screen.

IMG_9756

Common toilet with curb up.

IMG_9759

I really love the mosaic curbs though the husband doesn't really fancy it and thinks that using the grey tiles like the floor would look better.  But...I really think the curb has helped bring the whole toilet together.

IMG_9760

View from common toilet to service yard.

IMG_9761

View from service yard to entrance.

IMG_9763

The side where my sink/hob/fridge will be.  It's a squeeze!

IMG_9764

My cement screed wall..!

IMG_9766

My lovely brick walls.

IMG_9769

View of living/dining from entrance.

I can't really express how much I'm loving the new place although it's not even done up yet.  I feel...at home..like it's a space that really belongs to me.  I've spent months envisioning it's creation and poured in my everything to do so much research and planning of all the details.

It's really a lifetime's dream come true for me.  I always dreamed of having my own place and doing it up all by myself.  What makes it even better is that I'm doing it with my best friend and partner in life.  Thank you.  =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment