Wednesday, August 15, 2012

.::. Day 71 - 73 .::.

Carpentry was delivered on Monday, and the carpenter worked on it the past 2 days.  He's a PRC, working with a bangala (he calls him that).  It's funny seeing them work together because the carpenter kept speaking to him in chinese, expecting to understand.  It's apparent that he's quite frustrated about it, and even asked him to use his brain repeatedly - which he obviously do not understand!

IMG_4622

IMG_4653

My favorite piece of carpentry!  I love the study room already.  A table and lounge chair will do wonders.

IMG_4623

IMG_4641

Feature wall which I find weird-looking.  For one, the planks were too narrow and gaps too wide.  Then, the border of the box was supposed to be wooden plywood instead of white.  Lastly, the wall doesn't go all the way up.

IMG_4625

Common toilet vanity.

IMG_4629

Master bedroom vanity.

IMG_4627

IMG_4642

Guest/Kids room wardrobe.

IMG_4632

IMG_4633

IMG_4636

MBR make-up area that I've specially customized for myself!

IMG_4635

Shoe cabinet door.  The planks are wider, and was what I wanted!

Went down again today, but they weren't working today!!

And we found lots of defects, workmanship ain't that good.

IMG_4639

The gaps were supposed to be sanded and varnished but does not seem to be so.  Wood shavings are still visible.

IMG_4666

There are holes on the wood in between the gaps, visible!

IMG_4643

All my wardrobe drawers have such weird holes on the underside, to make it easier to open the drawers.  All of them are of different sizes and shapes, perhaps because it can't be seen most of the time.

IMG_4650

My shoe cabinet back was not supposed to have backing due to the power boxes.  Yet he made the backing and end up ripping it apart.

IMG_4671

Can see all the staples! I guess he's not going to mend back the holes before installing since it is at the back and unseen.

IMG_4659

Worst part is my book shelves edges.  They look quite bad.

IMG_4686

IMG_4676

All not joined properly!

*sigh.  Shall leave it to the husband to settle.  I can almost hear them telling me that these are small issues, won't die, don't be so calculative.

Solid top measurements were taken ONE WHOLE WEEK AFTER kitchen carpentry was ready.  So we wasted one week there.  Carpenter says it takes 3 days after measurements for installation.  It's been 3 full days, but we've no news about it at all.  Husband hasn't had the time to chase, and if his uncle does not chase sub-contractor/supplier, they're sure to take their own sweet time and schedule other jobs who chase them first right?  Without solid top, we can't do plumbing and the house has no proper water.

I've arrange for delivery and installation of lights and my haiku fan on Friday, so they'd better finish up carpentry by tomorrow.  I don't even dare think of rectifications, it's going to take many more weeks of chasing and I'm not sure both of us are up to that.

Alas, it's been 73 days since we started renovation.

Our renovation is going to take more than 4 months, more than a third of a year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment