Thursday, August 16, 2012

.::. Day 74 .::.

My home look like this now. Carpentry is 95% completed.  But I'm really not happy with the rough edges of the plywood.  It should have been sanded till it's really smooth before being lacquered.  It's really rough to the touch now. No news of solid top installation one week after measurements. Rectifications for carpentry defects unknown, but it's quite difficult unless they dismantle everything to redo. I can't take any more chasing and dealing with these people anymore.  Even if they are willing to redo, who knows how long more they will take and we can't guarantee it will be better.

IMG_4692

The full-height shoe cabinet.  I'm only going to put shoes at the bottom shelves since it's bad fengshui.

IMG_4694

IMG_4696

MBR make-up area closed to hide mirror.

IMG_4697

And my super efficient contractor has already came down to paint the whole place when I told him that carpentry is finishing.  He also helped me to paint my yellowish light white, it's so shiny now.  My room doors are now white while bomb shelter is a blackboard now!

People will be coming down to install lights and my haiku fan tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. hi itsybits

    mind sharing K contacts with me? He seems so efficient! Really need someone like him to do up my new place, please email me. Mangosteen77@hotmail.com

    thanks a mil!

    Qing Qing

    ReplyDelete