Sunday, August 26, 2012

.::. Day 83 .::.

Our place is 95% done! We're pending changing of some hinges and backsplash. Carpentry rectifications were completed today, still not perfect since laminate chips at the edges is still visible, drawers are not 100% flushed, holes are also visible and some drawers are still stiff.  Then again, I'm all ready to move on and look forward to cleaning up the place and make it comfortable.  I really do like how it looks like and feel comfortable being in it.

IMG_4807

The touch-ups with crayon or paint is still visible.

IMG_4806

While some is less visible.

IMG_0225

The home looks like this from the entrance now.  =)

IMG_0229

Kitchen with sink and hob/hood and working space.  I like this configuration as I'm always rushing to wash/cut vegetables or meat while my garlic sautés.  It really saves time for food preparation!

IMG_0231

View from the service yard.

IMG_0232

Common toilet.

IMG_0235

Common toilet's rain shower and toilet bowl with my mosaic wall behind.

IMG_0239

And my tiny MBR toilet.

After all the carpentry touch-ups, it'll finally be time for Mr K to touch-up on my painting and hand over keys! It has been a long 4 months, of which 3 months were taken for carpentry works and delays.  Such a horrible experience, and I really hope he gets what he deserves.

I really pity his other customers who has children or elderly in the household and are rushing to vacate their old place, forced to move into a half-renovated place with bad workmanship, chasing them to rectify and complete the works while staying in it.  Imagine all the dirt and dust and inconvenience it will cause them.  Meanwhile, they will only care about bringing in more customers and getting people to sign on the dotted line and pay deposit even when they can barely cope with everything. Communication within the company is non-existence and everything is wrongly or badly done. It irks me that they still profit from such work, while causing people so much anguish. There will still be people who do not do enough research, still be impressed by big showrooms and freebies and cheap internal laminates carpentry. I truly hope that all unethical business people who makes their money at the expense of peoples' anguish get what they deserve from the higher power above.

But as I told the husband, everything happens for a reason and everyone will get what they deserve.  The husband asked me if we deserved such carpentry work, and I told him, everything happens for a reason. I'm glad we got through this fine, and it might even have brought us closer.

It's still us, against the world.  Bring it on. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment