Thursday, September 13, 2012

.::. Panic Attacked! .::.


It suddenly hit me that September is almost over, and I’ve like 15 more weekends before THE big day. I started panicking big time.

We are not even done with the house yet.  We have not bought TV console, coffee table, bed frame, side tables, study table and lounge chair.  We have not even bought a vacuum cleaner, curtains are not up yet too.  I’ve not packed for nor prepared for the move, the house is not decorated at all. And to add salt to the wound, they gave us solid top instead of granite for our toilet and it’s still a big question mark how things would end up.  Replacing it would burn at least another of our weekend and I’m worried that my plumbing would be affected.  I really have no wish to drag my carpentry misery. They can actually insist that ‘their records show that we wanted solid top’ when the contract, all communications and discussions including emails and SMS indicated that we wanted granite.  Who in the right mind would want black solid top which scratches easily and show ugly white lines when the price difference is negligible?  I just had another horrible nightmare about carpentry last night, dreamt that they gave me all different cream and ugly colors for my kitchen solid top, insisting that it was what I chose.  I was so angry that I broke down and woke up with puffy eyes.

I got down to listing all the to-do stuff, and the list is really long.  I’ve been doing things bit by bit everyday this week since the husband is away.  So I bought a huge bag of stuff from Ikea including curtain rods, got help from neighbor to install all my curtain brackets and rods, got containers and stuff from Daiso and got the brother to help collect my dining chairs and curtains today.  Last weekend, the girls dropped by and delivered the kitchenaid to my doorstep too.

Many thanks to those who helped, no thanks to those who made things so difficult for us.

It’s time to start wedding preparations, although I really do not look forward to it at all.  To me, I’m already married and he’s already my husband, and it doesn’t really matter whether or not we have a ceremony – it’s just for show isn’t it?  But the show must go on.  I’m going to send my dress for alteration by next weekend, fixed my pre-wed photography date and did up a timeline for the rest of the stuff.  There’s so much details to take care of, and at times it really feels like a one-man-show and Jan can’t do so much all at once.  Jan doesn’t even have enough sleep, let alone groom myself and workout to look beautiful on my big day.

At times, it really takes so much to be in control of everything.  Jan’s on it!


No comments:

Post a Comment