Wednesday, September 12, 2012

.::. New Beginnings .::.


It’s already my 4th week at the new job. It’s a pretty big change from the previous job.  For one, I now start work at 8am and the alarm rings at an unearthly hour of 6am. I crawl out of bed when the skies are still dark and follow dad’s car out with my sisters who go to school.

It’s like going back to school, and it’s tough for me since I’m really not a morning person. The first day was hell, it took so much to concentration to stay awake and absorb new stuff. It got better as the week progressed, and I’m trying to sleep by 11pm (or latest by midnight) these days.

Work wise, it’s all good. So much to learn, a lot more technical things to know. From reading about alcohol and the luxury industry to cementing is a huge change, yet there’s something about oil and gas that fascinates me. It’s just like banking, fascinating yet somewhat a bore.

I love my huge work area (almost twice my old desk), the huge pantry that is stocked with the usual beverages and fresh milk for my coffee and Japanese green tea (no more Lipton green tea that makes me giddy), how everyone starts knocking off by 430pm, how the intranet has a huge wealth of information, how everything is so systematic and results oriented, how everyone seem to know their roles well, the decent notebooks and Pilot G2 pens (ex-company gave really lousy notebooks and cheap ball point pens despite being in the luxury industry), the staff-pass with my face on it, how little money I spend daily.

I dislike the location (super far especially if I want to head to town after work) and early hours (yet I like knocking off at 5pm), dislike it that I can’t have good lunches (but I like saving money). I reckon the worst part is the location and having to wake up so early! The husband keeps laughing at me, telling me that I’ll get used to it. It’ll be great after I move over to the new place and can start cooking dinner by 6pm or going to jog after work.

Meanwhile, it’s all about working towards our future together.  There’s so much going on, so much to do, so much to think about, so much to plan.  I’m still in search of that perfect job that pays well.

No comments:

Post a Comment