Tuesday, October 2, 2012

.::. Renovation .::.

Have been recommending my contractor to quite a few other people, and following his other projects on renotalk.

It makes me sad about my carpentry all over again.  Mr K's carpentry is almost flawless, with all the drawers perfectly aligned and the exposed plywood has beautiful grains.

Thinking of my carpentry work makes me fume all over again.  We could have had a very smooth and perfect renovation that ended months before.  Yet we end up with so many issues and frustrations with incompetent people who simply refuse to admit any fault but point fingers at us for being fussy instead.

The husband is right.  He has no sense of integrity nor courage to admit his mistakes.  All he knows is to hide and push the blame to everyone else except himself.  God should do something about him.  I pray for all the victims who has lost money in his previous and current businesses. Seriously.

And here's another beautiful home by Mr K:
http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=50063&st=0

And I really love the plywood that Mr K uses, just look at the 90 degree joint:
http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=44623&st=840

My plywood is seriously sh*t, with holes and gaps of different colors and tones. =(

Our home looks beautiful, yes.  But I know it's not perfect, I know when I look at the edges and see the ugly plywood.  

Can't believe that we are paying 15k for such shit work.  _|_

7 comments:

  1. Hi,I would like to engage Mr K for my upcoming renovation as well. But before talking to him personally I would like to have a look at his detailed quotation. Is it possible for you to email it to me? My email address is thomasyuqian@gmail.com. Really appreciate your help!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello, our renovation was more than a year ago and i suppose prices might vary..it might be better to get quotes from a few other IDs/contractors with similar items to compare them as a whole instead of line-by-line..

    our quote was 40k then, as a reference..there are a few others at renotalk now with Mr K you may wish to check it out..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, can I have Mr K contact pls. Would like ask him for a quotation for my new house. BTW, is he a HDB licensed contractor?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello

    Kevin
    9022 2321

    He's not HDB licensed. You can search for H2o interior for his website or Facebook page for his projects..or there are a few active renoblogs on renotalk currently..

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the contents you mentioned in post is too good and can be very useful. I will keep it in mind, thanks for sharing the information keep updating, looking forward for more posts. Thanks
    Renovation contractor

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry for the bald question but if Mr K is so good but your carpentry was bad, who did it? Who is it that will not own up his errors? Mr K? Or his subcon? Why is he subcon carpentry if he can do it himself? Please this is important. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jacqui, our main carpentry was done by a relative with his own company which has had alot of complaints from other customers, who has apparently went to CASE based on their online accounts..our own experience was very bad with delays and horrible workmanship plus bad attitude and denial when things go wrong..we wouldn't have used him if not for my MIL's insistence and compromised to let him do the carpentry..i blogged about the whole process almost daily if you're interested..

    Mr K did our additional bay window carpentry and we've seen his other customers' homes - i think his customers would agree that he has good workmanship and attitude although prices seem to have went up and he's alot more busy these days..

    ReplyDelete