Friday, October 12, 2012

.::. Moving In .::.


The husband has decided to move in ASAP and I scrambled to get the home functional last weekend.  After relentless arguments, things have perhaps reached breaking point, and the MIL even left the snow skin durian mooncake I bought on his bed.  Indeed, maturity does not come with age.  If only we had trust our instincts and insisted not to use the relative, perhaps we could have avoided all the trouble.

It isn’t the best situation now, but at least we still have each other.  Perhaps one can never have it all.

So I went home and packed some clothes yesterday to move in with the husband ‘officially’.  Many have asked me if I would feel sad moving out of my own home.  I always said no, it has always been my dream to have my own place and having my beloved to share it with is really the best thing I could have.  Little did I know that moving out would feel so bad.  The siblings were doing their stuff as usual while mum was cooking and dad’s meditating.  It was just another day at home, yet it’s the day I’m moving out.  I didn’t even feel this bad when I left home for Sweden.  Mum says ‘move then move lor’ when I told her I’m moving out.  Even asked me to pack all my stuff into boxes so that they can help me move when possible.  I still have so much stuff at home!  Thankfully my parents are those traditional and practical type, so no scene nor big fuss, just normality.

I really feel like a grown-up now, like I’ve stepped into yet another stage in life and having to handle all the grown-up problems as they come.  Promoted perhaps.   I am now responsible for myself and our little family.  Even as an independent individual, this feels daunting.  From all the household chores, to the bills and everything else, it’ll be just us.  Sometime down the road, we’ll have children and end up as parents caring for a totally dependent baby. I can’t really imagine how life will be.

I cried the first night we moved in officially.  I’m was feeling so emotional, and perhaps that’s what everyone goes through.  It’s just, not something you can prepare yourself for no matter what you do or think.

It has been crazy, with all the household chores and realizing that we do not have this and that.  I’m always planning my time right after work, rushing to get errands done and buy all the things we need.  The husband who keeps saying ‘slowly’ is now asking me why don’t we have this and that.  Week nights pass by so quickly and there’s simply so much to do.

The husband must have a harder time than me.  The guy who has never stayed in HDB and probably haven’t done much housework.  He washed his first load of clothes yesterday as I went to get an ironing board and household items. I forgot to pass him instructions, and came home to a load of clothes ‘dipped in drain water’.  His pants color ran and stained his 3 shirts, my white bra and underwear.  The most amusing thing is that, he said he put his 3 white shirts in the protective bag.  He actually thought that the protective bag would ‘protect’ the clothes from stain.  Hello? The water used is the same!  The bag only protects the material from too much friction and such.

I guess it’ll take us some time to settle down, get everything we need, get used to living together and splitting the work load.

So far, so good.  I wake up at 545am every morning and seeing the husband right beside does give you alittle more motivation to get out of bed to work hard for our future together.

No comments:

Post a Comment