Thursday, November 1, 2012

.::. The Great Chef .::.

I honestly didn't know that the husband was a good cook till recently.  Let's say it's a well-kept secret and I never expected him to actually cook much for me, except perhaps occasionally.  But it's been happening pretty often, and I wonder if it will last.

Wednesday night I told him that I wasn't feeling well and I'm going straight back to bed.  I didn't even want dinner.

IMG_1027

Yet, I woke up at almost 9pm to this.  He cooked steak.  Steak is our common favorite food (he influenced me).  I didn't know to laugh or to cry.  I was sick and really didn't have appetite for steak, it was hard to swallow for a sore throat!  He even made some sauce with cheese and butter and chopped mushrooms.  It wasn't fantastic, but full marks for the effort nevertheless.

I asked him, why did he cook steak for a sick person?  And he said that he thought that it would make me happy.  *aww*  

After being down on Thursday and Friday too, I woke up to porridge after a nap.  Or perhaps I have been sleeping most of the day.

IMG_1123

While I was eating, he said sheepishly "I tell you a secret.  I've never cooked porridge before."

Saturday morning, I was fed with cheese sandwiches in bed while I went straight right back to bed.

IMG_1149

And then came Sunday, he said he's going to make me a special breakfast.

IMG_1153

And I had constant wadsapp progress pictures which I didn't even see till I was awoken to eat.  'Breakfast is almost ready!' he said.

IMG_1145

I've no clue how he made this, it had cheese and mushroom inside.  It's a dog-shaped mould.

I can't really recall what happened in between those meals.  The weekend past by in a blur and I was sedated or asleep most of the time.

I've mostly recovered now although cough still persist.  At least my mind is now clear.

I'm so loved.  So thankful.  


No comments:

Post a Comment