Thursday, November 8, 2012

.::. The Little Things .::.


I’m scrambling around after recovering from the long bout of horrible flu that put me down for 5 full days!  That was really a wasted long weekend, but perhaps I needed the rest to be recharged.

Since last week, it has been a mad rush to get things in order for the pre-wed photoshoot and to kickstart wedding preparations.  My girls can’t stop reminding me again and again how little time I have left while the husband kept asking me to take things slow.  It’s just like him, he always under-estimates time needed for things.  But anyway, he’s sitting back while I’m supposed to prepare most of the things.

I was feeling emo and complaining about how the pre-wed shoot is in a week’s time and I do not have a veil, do not have a make-up artist, do not have shoes nor accessories nor planned what to wear for the casual shoot, have not got the photowall up nor chose pictures, have not finished unpacking nor decorating the home, have not arranged details with the photographer nor briefed him on my expectations, have not done my hair nor nails and brows, have not prepared prop.  And this is in addition to all the household chores, washing, ironing and work.

Then that day, he stayed up later to accompany me while I finalized photos for our photowall.  He even suggested that I go shopping the girls on Friday while he went home to look after Chikey.

It’s the first time he ever asked me to go shopping.

And just yesterday, Chikey munched on his spectacles and scratched the lens yet again.  He had to make instant spectacles and got me down to NEX to choose frames for him.  He liked an Armani frame but we ended up choosing this YSL frame and saved him some money.  The husband has this huge presentation with all the big shots today, and I think he’s going to look good in them.

So yes, I’m enjoying all these little moments and getting settled into our love nest.  =)

I think everything will work out just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment