Sunday, May 5, 2013

.::. Religion & Respect .::.

"Do to no one what you yourself dislike." —Tobit 4:15
  "And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise." - Luke 6:31
How would Christians feel if you knowingly and purposely give them Buddhist scriptures or readings about other religion? How would they feel if you keep telling them again and again that Jesus is not god and does not exist?

Anyone who respects another's religion will never knowingly do that.

After receiving angbaos with bible quotes and christianity books, I've yet again received more booklets about Christianity.  At this rate, I am going to receive bibles soon.

And how do I feel?  How am I supposed to feel?

I swallow this, because I love my husband, because I try to avoid conflict.  I put up a facade and take all these that come my way, just because these are people I call my family.  Family who will never get to know who I am as a person, family who only thinks about changing my religion and do not respect me as a person nor my personal choice of religion. It's really a form of torture to me, having to constantly put up with these.

Why oh why, do Christians selectively follow bible verses?  What happened to respect? Doesn't the bible teach about respect?



No comments:

Post a Comment