Friday, June 21, 2013

.::. Going Keyless! .::.

We went keyless some weeks back. Finally!

We have been very tempted after visiting one of the homes that Mr K did. They had these digital locks, both fingerprint operated and did not need any keys. It was so cool and so convenient, but cost was a deterrent.

Few months after moving in, I find myself hating those keys. I'm very forgetful. I always leave my keys  on my door lock and close the doors. It happened too often. I would open my gate then my main door and dash in with my groceries. Then somehow, I will simply close the main door and forget that the keys are still there. We go over to our neighbor's place often and always leave our keys at peoples' homes. There was once that the husband played board games at the neighbor's till past midnight and left his keys at the neighbor's place. I stayed in to study and was already asleep when he tried to call me. He had no choice but to head back for his keys.

IMG_7969

We're using the Gateman F10 and Samsung 6020, and got them from Interlock (an online shop). The gate is fingerprint operated while the door is card/pin operated. The gate unlocks with a button from the remote on the inside.

I'm loving it so much now. I never have to bother about brining keys nor digging my bag to locate the keys anymore. The gates and doors are now automatically locked when closed, don't even need to turn and turn the locks and keys.

Yay to going keyless. I think the convenience and peace of mind is really worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment