Tuesday, December 31, 2013

.::. 2014 Resolutions .::.


2013

It has been a great year on many counts. After getting over with the wedding and honeymoon, we finally paid off our installments for our home appliances and whatever debts we had. We’ve finally settled into our new home and recovered financially. Both of us are doing great at work and saving up for a family. There’s not much to complain about really. Life has been kind. Compared to the upheavals and all that drama in 2011/2012, 2013 has indeed been a peaceful and great year where everything started to get back on track.

2014 Resolutions


1.       To stay healthy and fit.
Health is wealth! It’s something which I try to do as much as possible, although not as much as I’d like. I do believe that exercise is essential to be healthy and I feel sluggish without exercise. I’ve been cooking a lot in 2013 and have tried to incorporate whole grains and complex carbs into my diet although the husband is not a fan. He practically refuses to eat rice mixed with brown rice, so my mission to switch to brown rice has failed miserably. He complains about the quinoa that I mix into rice too, but at least he eats it anyway. He doesn’t seem to mind whole wheat bread for breakfast though. I pack lunch to eat in the office, and they are mostly quite healthy but I ain’t too disciplined when eating out or during gatherings. I struggle with portion control because I’m always hungry. It’s so easy to fall off the wagon and stop exercising for weeks when I’m really busy and tired. I suppose I should try to be more consistent and disciplined in the coming year!


2.       Creating passive income
Although I’m sashing a good portion of my earnings somewhere where I can’t see nor spend, I’m beginning to become acutely aware that time is running out and I need to start saving and investing more to build up my retirement funds, or even better, a constant flow of passive income. There’s so much to read up and learn and plan. It’s time to spend more time and get this done, including doing more reading and research. First thing first, to spend less and save more! I was quite inspired by this blog that I’ve been reading. Step one to creating passive income was to get full-time employment, something which made me see work in a different light.


3.       Finish ACCA already!
I’ve 2 more papers left! I’ve enrolled for classes and exams in June, and I’m hoping that I get this out of the way by June. Worst case scenario is to finish it by December if I fail any of the papers. *makes a mental note to study harder right from the beginning* On a side note, I’m thinking of going back to master Japanese or take CPSM to upgrade my skillset for work after I’m done with ACCA. The husband’s reaction was – huh?! still want to study?! Oh, and I’ve been wanting to learn violin!

Somehow, I can’t seem to idle.

Studies have proven that the human could not multi-task effectively and should only focus on a few goals at one time. I shall focus on these 3 goals and get them done in the new year ahead!

The forecast for next year is supposed to be great for Oxen! To another great year ahead ~

No comments:

Post a Comment