Monday, January 20, 2014

.::. The Honeymoon - Part 2 .::.

January is coming to an end and I'm still not done with the honeymoon post a year before! I've been really caught up with everything and there's so much going on. The husband flew to Germany for work, missing our 'wedding anniversary' (the traditional one that we've decided not to celebrate) and my birthday. Ironically, we flew to Europe exactly a year before too.

Continuing on the honeymoon...

We took a train to visit Liverpool and followed their tour, having fun taking pictures inside the stadium and changing rooms. I've to say that Liverpool's stadium is really rundown, in a rundown area! It's the husband's favorite club though, he's perpetually on their forum. Ok, enough about Liverpool.

IMG_4927

Then we rushed to Manchester for the FA Cup match against Fulham. Sadly, because there was a match, we couldn't go for the tour. I didn't get anything, because I was worried that I may be seated at Fulham side. I totally didn't check and just bought whatever tickets I could from their site (on hindsight, it must be their side since I bought it from their site!).

It was exhilarating! Everyone was chanting and cheering. I mean, you can see hoards of people in red enroute. I used to watch soccer with my dad since 1998. Manchester United won the treble in 1999, and I still can't forget the brilliant play then. I've been a fan since, though I've got to say Moyes suck.

IMG_4951

Everyone goes to the back for beers and snack during half-time. And the amazing thing is how quickly they empty the stadium! It took like 15 minutes and by the time we wanted to take pictures with our tripod, they were shoo-ing us out, saying that the doors will be closed soon. It was also the most crowded train-ride ever in Europe, trying to get out of the area.

We stayed another night in Birmingham before heading to Paris by train. Paris was on the agenda because I made a mistake on our last trip and planned on visiting Lovure on its rest day (Lovure does not close on Monday like all other museums!). I promised to bring him back to Lovure again. I really don't mind, because it's my favorite museum and I really wouldn't mind spending days in there.

IMG_5205

It was a beautiful day with blue skies, but it was cold!

IMG_4054

Here's an artsy-fartsy shot of the husband that I like very much.

IMG_5136

And we took a picture with Mona Lisa. The museum was beautiful and I took quite a few pictures. I suppose that could be another post altogether. Someday!

IMG_5232

We took a break from the museum and walked to a nearby Italian restaurant for lunch. It was supposedly famous and served very yummy pasta. It was so cold, the warm noodles tasted so good.

IMG_5059

And we did the touristy stuff like walking along Champs Elysse and checking the Eiffel Tower out. I love Paris (just like how I love many other cities). I love it when it's so cold, we were walking along the streets hand-in-hand, then stopped to get some hot chocolate and just soak in the atmosphere. Paris is, well, Paris. Overrated? Maybe. But that depends on how it was rated! 

Arc de Triomphe is the most memorable for us, because the husband brought me walk around it for almost an hour during the previous trip. I wanted to bring him to Eiffel Tower the way I've been before, but he insisted on leading with a map in hand. After walking for 40 minutes, there's still no sight of Eiffel Tower (it's a 15-20 minute walk), but instead Arc de Triomphe was sighted again. We've spent an hour walking ROUND and round. You'll see what I mean if you look at the Paris map.

IMG_5062

He brought me for dinner, to celebrate my birthday. No cake, but great company and very good food. It's slightly pricey, though not that much more than a good restaurant in Singapore. I'm a happy girl.

The only regret on the Paris leg of this trip is not being able to meet up with Manue, my french baking buddy from my year in Sweden. We arranged to meet, but she mixed up the date and was only coming by train from Toulouse on the day we were leaving Paris for Switzerland. We did change our train tickets later just so we could meet up with her over lunch, but she decided to cancel her trip instead since she'll be alone in Paris for the rest of the day. =(

Our honeymoon continues in Switzerland and lots of scenic train rides and snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment