Thursday, August 24, 2017

.::. The Last Lap .::.

Time passes by way too quickly.  I’m now ‘full term’ at 37 weeks and at the end of my first pregnancy journey.  Doctor is expecting that I pop around 38 weeks as Jaime is already partially engaged at 36 weeks.  It has been a relatively smooth and easy pregnancy despite some common issues, but it’s really bearable and not as bad as what many says.  The last few weeks have been tougher, and I’m getting a lot of reflux at night, insomnia, aches.  I’ve put on a total of 8kg so far and we’re pretty much ready!  As ready as one can be anyway.  I have started having cramp-like contractions and gynae gave me some medicine to relax my uterus last week to help me make it to full term.  I’m hoping that Jaime will only make her debut in September though, since I’m starting ML then and the husband will be less busy work-wise then.

There’s so much going on, but I’m just really tired and do not have much energy to do much after work nowadays.  I can’t wait to get my energy back and start exercising again.  My heart is filled with so much love, anticipation, fear, hope, joy and dread.  It’s really such a cocktail of emotions that I can’t begin to describe how I feel now.

Will probably share some photos that we took at home, at 35.5 and 36.5 weeks in another post.  Those are probably the last photos that I will have of us and a pregnant belly.  Chikey who hates taking photos have been posing in all our photos, sometimes looking straight at the camera.  He’s such a darling and very much a part of our family.  I can’t wait for him and Jaime to meet and to bond!

And to my beloved husband, welcome to parenthood and may our relationship grow and strengthen as we expand our family and take on additional roles.  Thank you for being you and filling my life with love.  You know you mean the world to me and I’m looking forward to our life ahead together.

And because I wouldn't have time to put everything together, here's some pictures throughout my pregnancy journey:

Untitled

This is how we started the year 2017, counting down on the couch where the husband was dozing off before countdown and I made him wake up for a photo.  Oblivious to us, a life was already growing inside me and this is going to be a life-changing year.  I tested positive 10 days later.  Jaime was conceived in Langkawi, during our 12th anniversary trip.

Untitled

First photo of Jaime when at 6.5 weeks.  Of course we didn't know she was a girl then.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled


My birthday, the first with Jaime and blessed with great people around me.


Untitled

First Chinese New Year, over 10 weeks pregnant.

Untitled

I was about 11 weeks pregnant and still spotting during the Japan trip over Chinese New Year.

Untitled

The first country Jaime went was Japan, Kyushu.


Untitled

The day the husband broke the news to my family over dinner.  We just got the all clear for Oscar scan and past 12 weeks, ready to break the news.  My brother gave us a treat at HaiDiLao after a promotion and the husband told my family that there's 'an additional person' joining us for dinner that night.


Untitled

Jaime sucking her thumb at her 20 weeks detailed scan.  We also saw her yawn, it was quite a milestone of the pregnancy.  I was somewhat worried about the scan as it'll tell you if there's any anomaly in the fetus development.  Thankfully, all's well and she entertained us with her yawning and sucking of fingers.

Untitled

Me at 20 weeks pregnant and still fitting into my pants.  I have put on 2.5kg at this point.

Untitled

21 weeks and starting to show and outgrow my clothes.

Untitled

Making organic buckwheat husk pillow for Jaime.  Handmade with love.

Untitled

24 weeks pregnant and 3.5kg heavier.

Untitled

Joined a September-due Mummies' Group and we have gatherings now and then.  Amazing how strangers become friends.

Untitled

26 weeks.  Reflux started and I puked real bad one night after burping out acid.  It just all came out from my mouth, and nose, and my eyes were tearing.  I can still remember the burn.

Untitled

26 weeks.  At a family trip in Perth, doing a trail at one of the national parks.  Tummy is getting heavier and I feel slower now.

Untitled

Perth, the third country I have brought Jaime to.

Untitled

Us at the Blue Boat Shed.

Untitled

Untitled

Love the beaches in Australia.

Untitled

Little sis turned 21 (gasp, how did that happen when it doesn't seem too long ago that I was changing her diapers!)

Untitled

27 weeks, 10 more weeks to full term.

Untitled

28 weeks.  Officially in 3rd trimester and 5kg heavier.

Untitled

First glimpse of Jaime's face at 28 weeks.  Who does she look like?

Untitled

Last J4 girls' trip to Bali before I pop.

Untitled

Us in Bali at 29 weeks pregnant.  It's the 4th trip I made whilst pregnant with Jaime.

Untitled

30 weeks and weight gain stagnated at 5kg.  Jaime is now 1.5kg!

Untitled

32 weeks pregnant, funny how the tummy can look so different within the same day.

Untitled

34 weeks and the lower backache is getting worst.

Untitled

35 weeks, brought the husband to Sky Grill and Bar after doctor's appointment.  Probably our last romantic meal with a view in a long while.

Untitled

And I'm now officially full-term at 37 weeks.  Still can't believe that I've created a life a human being.  And I really can't imagine how our life will change nor how am I going to get her out of me.

We made it!  Gynae just got back from holiday and we are as ready as we can be.

Anytime now, wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment