Sunday, February 21, 2010

.::. Yusheng .::.

Finally had 'yusheng' tonight, with the roommate and her Taiwanese friend who came from Holland. I wanted to have it last week, when we had our CNY dinner, but stupid me forgot the plum sauce and made it impossible to have it. *sigh!



Beautiful colours!



Thank you dear... =)



After the 'lou hei'. I actually really love having 'yusheng' during CNY, apart from the steamboats, love letters and prawn rolls. *yums!



I and my roommate went for a taiwanese gathering nearby, for a buffet lunch on Saturday. My first buffet here! The food was not fantastic, but it's not bad overall considering that it is only about 20sgd during weekends! There's sashimi sushi, beef, pork, chicken, mutton, vegetables, spring rolls and other chinese dishes. Super worth it since things like meat and fish is so expensive here! I'm seem to be always starving here, and it's been a long time since I can have my fill of food!!s

I think my chinese has improved so much here! I'm writing my thesis with 2 chinese girls and I hang out with Taiwanese so often, it's hard not to be influenced. Nobody realizes that I'm not a Taiwanese till I admit it. Hahs. It's weird that many people have the impression that Singaporeans do not speak chinese.

I've one week break this coming week, and people find it unbelievable that I'm not planning to travel anywhere. I've a 6000 word essay to work on and my thesis proposal, so there's really quite abit of work to be done. I don't fancy traveling in the cold that much either. There's a few dinners planned and baking date with Emma though. =)

14 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment