Friday, September 17, 2010

.::. 69 months .::.

It's the 18th again, our 69 month anniversary. =) Although we don't celebrate it (at all), I always make it a point to remember the date and feel thankful for having someone in my life.

Now that our dear Jo is getting married, or ROM (*excited), it makes one even more reflective about relationships.

Every relationship has its own set of problems and sometimes people who love one another do hurt each other. But I'd always like to believe that no problem is too big for two to solve if both are willing to put in the effort and simply try. Once one party gives up, the relationship is over.

Relationships are hard work and takes time to grow and nurture. Marriage takes even more hard work and probably faces alot more problems. It's a scary thought for me, when all other forces come to play. As much as I would like to have someone to cuddle in bed with every night, marriage is totally not on our (my) cards within the next few years.

Mummy says that marriage is a gamble. It's true, it takes a leap of faith and faith is believing in the unknown - blindly, simply believing and hoping although nothing is absolute.

I'd always like to believe that things happen as long as you have enough faith.

*sigh. We have all come such a long way and I'm feeling all warm and mushy inside.

How time flies!

No comments:

Post a Comment