Monday, March 7, 2011

.::. Little things .::.

Little things which I would like to do:

(1) Say 'NO' to eating Shark's fin
It's so cruel. I can't really bear to eat it after watching a documentary about how they cut off the sharks' fins when the sharks are still alive. Then, they throw these bleedig sharks which are in pain back into the sea. This is because the demand for sharks' meat is low and space is limited on the fishing boats. They'd rather bring in more fins than waste the space for sharks.

I'm NOT going to serve sharks' fin for my wedding - how can I let so many sharks die just because I'm getting married?

(2) Say 'NO' to plastic bags
I barely used any plastic bags when I was in Sweden, because we had to pay for it. I always brought my own grocery bags to the supermarket. Judging from the large amounts of plastic bags lying around at home, I really think we do not need so many! Many-a-times, we throw away the bags we receive from shops minutes after we step out of them. It makes a difference using just what you need and decline plastic bags when it's not necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment