Tuesday, July 19, 2011

.::. Chinook's Railway Outing .::.

We decided to visit Singapore's only railway tracks last weekend, like many other Singaporeans. It was my first and last visit, since it is closed to public in preparation for dismantling since the 18th of July.

Sometimes, I wonder if Singaporeans are really too bored and do not have much to do during weekends. When there are slightly 'special' events like this happening, everyone flocks to it.

I don't really get the hype, for the trains have a reputation of poor maintenance and most people shun it. Many would prefer affordable and comfortable coaches instead. Yet when they finally decide to stop running the trains, everyone is trying to get a ticket to ride on the trains. The irony of it all.



Honestly, I was very surprised by the crowd. I never expected to see so many people!

We went there since it was reported in the papers over the past few weekends, and it was the 'last chance' afterall. It seemed like a good outing since there's greenery and you can take pictures of the tracks and bridge - sounds like a good outing. Chinook is allowed to join in the fun too!



Here is the boy, exploring the tracks. He's almost FOUR years old - which is technically 28 human years-old, and older than both me and Joey. Has it really been FOUR years? I still remember him as the puppy who stepped on me with his paws full of his own shit the first day he was home. He's alot braver and enjoys outings these days.




My boys.




Chinook can stand too!




Our little family.




On the tracks.



He must have got tired after awhile since there were so many people and he is still pretty nervous around crowds.

Singaporeans can be so ridiculously rude. Apart from exclaiming 'hot dog' and how cute he is, some kids actually commented about how disgusting Chinook's ass and penis and balls are. Seriously?! They were a family, and the mother just laughed it off while Joey said loudly 'Why is the boy so crude?!' He's so young, yet he talks like this without any respect! Don't dogs deserve some respect, at least the owners' of the dog!

All I can say is, I hope my children are not like that!




Although it was supposed to be a cooling day, I was drenched in sweat.

It was a great weekend since I get to spend time with the boys and have a chance to take some nice pictures. Although I love photography, it's not often that I get to do it much in Singapore.

No comments:

Post a Comment