Monday, September 19, 2011

.::. Racing Against Time .::.

It's Monday. Again.

I managed to get off work on time and came home in time for a jog before the sun sets.



I was out by 6,40pm. And I had to run quickly to enjoy the scenery before it turns dark.



There were already so many people jogging around.



This is Jurong Lake. I walk past it everyday, and I always wanted to come jogging around it. It looks so calm and tranquil.



There are old people sitting on the benches, couples resting after a run, middle-aged people playing cards and toddlers enjoying themselves.



They build a new viewing deck into the lake, it was my first time there.



Walking on the viewing deck.



It reminds me of my favourite beach nearby my place in Sweden. I always walked to the beach whenever I had some free time and dropped by the supermarket on the way back. It was so beautiful and I felt really carefree staring into the horizon. Seriously, if Sweden had food as good as Singapore, I don't mind staying there for good. I love the cooling weather, the slower pace of life and there's H&M for shopping.



I spent so many afternoons lazing on the decks and reading books while enjoying the breeze. Alas, this is no longer possible in Singapore when I'm sweating all day long.




Walking along the deck.



Look at the beautiful twilight.



There's even a fountain in the middle of Jurong Lake!



I jogged all the way to Chinese Garden, but it was closed.



Then it was time to head back again.



Monday no blues.

I love the area around Jurong Lake, it's really a relaxing area to jog and stroll. And I love it that my place is within walking distance to the train station and takes 30 minutes to reach town. No wonder housing prices are rising so much around here! I'm also seeing alot of Caucasians around these days.

I really would like to live near a park or some nature for jogging in future. It's just not the same as running on the treadmill in the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment