Sunday, October 23, 2011

.::. Belvia & Lake Vista .::.

So we have been visiting all the DBSS show flats these 2 weekends.
I am not particularly interested in both, as I prefer to stay near MRT.
Belvia is about 8 busstops or 15 minutes away from Bedok MRT. I dislike shuttle bus, since it easily adds 20-25 minutes to your travel time. It's especially so during peak periods when the interchange is really crowded and you can't walk quickly among the crowds. Imagine if it rains and you are ambushed by sales people. I'd rather walk for 10-15 minutes to reach the train station instead.
Outside the show flat.

It was so crowded.
We still applied for it anyway, since it's free without any obligation. I liked the area around Bedok Reservoir though, I can imagine jogging around it. I realized that I like to stay near greenery and places to jog.

The best thing about Belvia is the NTUC just across the street. There were also many other neighborhood shops, MMI kindergarden and Mavis tuition center for your kids, Sheng Shiong and many coffeeshops. I love having such amenities nearby!
I dislike the very tiny dining area though. But I reckon I wouldn't mind staying there if we get a high-level unit (above 10) facing the reservoir.
Prices are about 525k average for 4-room flats and probably 600k for the high-level reservoir facing ones. Expensive.

We went to Lake Vista this weekend.
I'm not very interested though it's really near my parents' place and we qualify for another 10k grant. However, it's so much further to the MRT. Although there's a Sheng Shiong and food center opposite, with MacDonalds and Superbowl, the area isn't that great. There may be an LRT in that area in future, but that is still a question mark.
I liked the noticeably bigger flats though. The rooms are so much more comfortable and decent. The view from high floors should be filled with greenery too, I like. Prices start from 500k - 585k for 4-rooms flat. It's cheap for DBSS but when you compare it with resale flats nearby, I'm not so sure about it.
*sigh.
We'll be visiting Clementi's Trevilis show flat this Wednesday, but I'm praying that we get Casa Clementi instead. 500k for 100m2 of space is a lot more appealing to 600k for 82m2 of space.
I find myself becoming reluctant to pay 600k for a tiny cramped apartment. I like small, but this is way too small! While I don't find these flats 'unaffordable', it's really a high price to pay for good locations and amenities these days. Resale prices have been hitting the 700k mark in these areas these days. Clementi must have the smallest and most expensive DBSS around.
Let's see how things go.
Bless me.

No comments:

Post a Comment