Sunday, December 11, 2011

.::. Buntings & Pom Poms .::.

The exams are finally over and I went full steam into rushing out the decorations for my big day.

I had only this weekend and a pair of hands and a very tired mind.  Well, I told myself I shall do whatever I can, and if I can't, it's okay!



The pretty tiffany-blue cloth I got from Chinatown.  I knew exactly what color I wanted, but not the pattern/prints.  When I set my eyes on the pokka dots, I knew this was it.

Buntings are quite tedious to make.  Cutting the cloth into (many) similar triangles are so tiring!  It really takes patience.  Then I had to glue them and space them equally on the sting.  *phew.  10m worth of buntings!



Here are my buntings.



Then I tried making a pom pom and opening it up to see how it looks.

I quite like the combination!



After 10m of buntings and the pom poms are done, I started on making the bride and groom tags.  It took me quite awhile to dig through my supplies and think of how I want it to look like.

This was the end result.

I love it!

D.I.Y is a lot of fun, but a lot of work too.  I always seem to underestimate the time and effort needed to do up the things I dream in my head.

There's still a few deco items which I'd like to make, but I'm not sure if I've the time given the very busy week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment