Tuesday, December 27, 2011

.::. This year - 2011 .::.

I made my resolutions for this year earlier in the year, and before I know it, the year is coming to an end and it's time to take stock of what I have or have not accomplished this year.

-  Keeping active and healthy.
I've made some progress this year and I'm fitting back into all the dresses I couldn't used to.  *yay. I'm probably still not at my best yet and I would like to get leaner.  I still don't like how I look, but I'm glad I did it the natural, sustainable way this time round.  I reckon it's time for more cardio after all that muscles I gained.  I do feel a lot stronger though.

- Save and Invest
I honestly did!  My endowment and investment plans are working in the background and my account balance has been growing.  Since we will be getting our flat and doing renovations next year, it becomes even more important to be prudent.

- Good Skin
Switching to better skincare products and being very disciplined about it every night (and day) has does wonders to my complexion.  I'm happy, but it needs to be maintained as I step into my 'late-twenties'.  *horrors.  And since I realized that soy is the reason for my eczema, the skin on my leg has been healing pretty well.  Hopefully I can wear dresses soon, and I swear I will buy all the most beautiful dresses!

- Remove clutter and pack my room
I have to admit that I barely made any progress on this!  Has it been a year already?!  It has always been on my mind but I haven't seem to be doing it enough.  Moreover people are giving me things 'for my new house'.  I guess I will have to do something about this eventually as I have to move into my new house.

- Be a better person
This is always something to work on.  I'm trying, to be more positive, to worry less, shut away negative emotions and fill myself with all the positive things in life.

This has been an amazing year for me.

Obviously, the biggest change this year was to be married.  I never would have imagined I made it there so quickly, perhaps there were even times when I doubted that I will ever get there.  There's so much to be thankful for, and he has really proven himself and his sincerity in spending the rest of our lives together.  I guess there's no one else whom I could do this with.

We have also been to U.S.A together this year.  It's another country stoke of my list.  There are still a few more countries which I'd like to travel to before I really settle down and have kids.  Hopefully, we can visit Nepal and trek into the mountains near Mount Everest in 2012!

On the job front, the job-switch has been pretty good so far and I'm thankful to have met very nice colleagues and a nice boss.  It's not perfect, but since it pays decently and the workload is alright, I guess I'll be hanging around for awhile unless something good comes along.

Friends and family has been really supportive and nice too.  I'm grateful to be surrounded by nice people, and it's all that matters.

The next few years are gonna be exciting ones, and years which I should savor.

As we get our flats next year, the renovations will start and I'm going to see my dream unfold in front of my very own eyes!  I'm excited and really looking forward with building our love nest together.  That will probably be the highlight and focus of 2012.

It has been a great 2011, no regrets, just full of gratifying and memorable moments.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment