Saturday, July 28, 2012

.::. Week 8 Concluded .::.

It's already Week 8, and I'm losing count of the weeks we've been doing renovation.  This seemingly endless journey, for our carpentry delivery date is unknown.  It's driving me to despair.

Despite chasing, chasing, chasing and chasing, we simply couldn't get a scheduled date for carpentry delivery.  They've missed the end-July dateline agreed in the beginning of July.  It has been easily 10 weeks since we have informed them of our schedule to have carpentry measurements end of June.  5 whole weeks since we've requested them to take measurements, 3 whole weeks since measurements were taken.

Chasing them to get the carpenter down was already a chore.  And now, despite chasing and chasing again, we can't even get any confirmation if carpentry can be delivered by National Day.  We have clearly communicated that we wanted our renovation to be completed before 15th August, when the 7th month starts since 3 months ago!

Seriously?  I'm fuming mad.  We really should not have given in to THE MIL, knowing that delays were almost certain.  I'm really worried too, after reading all the bad reviews, horrible workmanship and delays of their customers.  After she insisted and hounded us to let the relative do the carpentry, promising to follow up and assuring us that a good job will be done, these still happened.  And what can we do except to continue waiting, chasing and hoping that somehow, they can get our carpentry delivered in good condition.

It's beyond my ability to be positive and hopeful now really.

Thank you for screwing up my renovations.  Thank you for your horrible service and attitude.  Thank you for not responding.  Thank you for not even bothering to try to explain or commit a delivery date.  Thank you for making everyone so frustrated.  Thank you for wasting our time and effort.  Thank you for spoiling my almost perfect renovation experience.

Most of all, thank you for making me learn my lesson.  No more again. I'm learning how not to hate, trying to let go and still be thankful for all I have.

Even thinking of it makes me sick.  My room is becoming a warehouse with boxes and bags of things waiting to be moved to our new place.  The furniture and electronics which were supposed to be delivered soon, keep getting postponed.  People keep calling me up to confirm the delivery, but I simply can't give them a date because I have no clue when my carpenter would come!  Everything is put on hold.

I need to remember this, remember my lesson, lest I commit the same mistake again.

IMG_4429

This was Day 52.  I finally bought a fan and 2 stools for the home.  It was my little nook for the afternoon while I supervised the air-con installation.

IMG_4436

It was a really sunny day.  The view from MBR air-con ledge window.

IMG_4431

Living room air-con installed and brick wall touched up.

IMG_4433

Guest/Baby room.

IMG_4434

Study room.

IMG_4435

MBR air-con.

Our contractor K came down that day too, the tiler came to do touch-ups.  I really enjoy working with my contractor.  I'm really thankful that he has done everything so beautifully for us, and it has been so easy communicating with him, not having to chase him at all.  I actually tried my luck to get him add a few ledges in the toilet to put toiletries.  He usually grumbles and complains, but with some persuading, he usually does it for us.  =)

IMG_4437

2 ledges for the MBR toilet.

IMG_4439

1 ledge for common toilet.

These are only half-done.  They will add sand/cement to about an inch, finishing will be cement.  The tile is cut, before drilling a slit in the wall to slot the tile in for support.  The cement will seal it to the wall.  He kept telling me that it usually cost $300 per ledge.

I guess every cloud has a silver lining and Kevin is ours on this renovation journey.  =)

And for carpentry, they are telling us it's another 2-3 more weeks.  *sigh.  They told us 2-3 weeks 3 weeks ago.  I'm most worried that they are going to tell us another 3 more weeks 3 weeks later.  Or deliver something with bad workmanship or wrong dimensions, and we will have to spend many more weeks chasing them for rectification.

It's driving me crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment