Sunday, April 24, 2011

.::. Impressed! .::.

I was lamenting how lousy the opposition were - most of them can't even speak properly, much less discuss about important issues. I'm not convinced that they could make things better, despite PAP's imperfection.

There's so much buzz about the young candidates being fielded, but I'm not that much interested in the GE since I haven't seen any strong opposition candidates around. Just hearing them speak with bad diction was a torture!

I finally saw Nicole Seah, the youngest opposition candidate - even younger than me! I like her. I think she speaks well, and she's sincere.



Comparing Nicole and Tin Pei Ling...





How to fight?

TPL is like a little spoilt clueless girl stepping up into something she wasn't even sure about. If she really thinks that health care for the elderly is 'cheap' and education costs are also 'cheap' - she really hasn't realized that there are many people struggling to meet these costs in Singapore. Does she seriously think that enough is done for these people? Now I totally understand why people are so against her. It's not about age nor gender or family backgroud, but how the things she says come across to people. I don't like the way she speaks at all.

I would totally vote for Nicole if I were staying in Marine Parade! Having said that, it's difficult for the PAP not to win in Marine Parade. The people there have been beneficiaries of so many upgrading programs and the people are probably happy with what PAP has done. Moreover, Nicole does not have strong team members.

I guess PAP will still win. I'm in Jurong GRC, and I like Tharman. It'll be a long time before there are enough convincing candidates stepping forward for the opposition.

No comments:

Post a Comment